Charming Paso Robles
I am in love with this cute little town in San Louis Obispo County, California. It is charming, well located (exactly half way between the cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco) and is known for it's hot springs, wineries, olive oil and so much more.
Downtown Paso Robles is a throwback to a simpler era, without a single parking meter. It has inspiring art galleries, quaint tasting rooms and charming boutiques surrounding its central park. There are fine choices for every oenophile, with more than 400 wineries producing cool-climate grapes. No wonder Sunset magazine named Paso Robles the best wine country town in the West for 2016.
As most of you know, I love my wine and am in a constant pursuit to find new wine regions and great wineries that is how I first discovered Paso Robles about 10 years ago and have been visiting it once or even twice a year sometimes ever since,
These are some of my favorite wineries. Some are casual and others are fancier but all are a must try!!!
- L'Aventure - One of my absolute favorites. Love the winery, the experience and the wine!
- Booker Vineyards - Westside producer of Rhone blends and varietals.
- Justin Vineyards - Big Bordeaux-style red wines.
- Le Cuvier - Small production winery with an amazing hilltop location and a wonderful food/wine pairing that is unique and affordable
- Opolo Vinyards - Lovey winery with an incredible selection of wines
- Whalebone Winery - Family run winery with a quaint setting. In addition to their delicious reds, they sell the best flavored olive oils. I'm in love
Here are some of my favorite restaurants in Paso Robles
- Il Cortile - Italian
- Fish Gaucho - Mexican
- Artisan - New American cuisine and amazing cocktails
- Hatch - Southern
- Twisted & Glazed Doughnuts - OMG!!!
Twisted & Glazed Doughnuts
- Category: ,
- Tags: Artisan, Booker, Fish Gaucho, Il Cortile, Justin, L'Aventure, Le Cuvier, Opolo, Paso Robles, Twisted and Glazed, Whalebone, Wine Tasting, Winery