As women, there are so many factors that impact the condition of our skin like age, skin type (dry, oily, combination), skin color (fair, medium or dark) and our uncontrollable hormones!!!
With that said, I am writing this post as a gentle reminder about how through some easy steps we can take care of our skin and achieve that beautiful glowing complexion that all of us strive for.
Skin Care Essentials
Cleanse: Wash your face with a mild cleanser suited for your skin type. Cleansing helps remove dirt and grime and helps with the skin renewal process.
Tone: Use a toner to tighten the pores
Moisturize: Apply a moisturizer with SPF
Exfoliate/Masks: Frequency depends on your skin type. Helps remove dead skin cells
Cleanse: Wash your face with a mild cleanser suited for your skin type
Extra Step: Apply a vitamin C serum. Helps tighten the skin.
Moisturize: Apply a night time moisturizer (without any SPF)
2. Pick a brand that you like and try and pick your cleanser, toner and moisturizer from the same brand. Scrubs, masks and serums can be from a different brand but try and keep the basics should be from the same brand.
3. Get a facial every 4-6 weeks for a deep cleansing of your skin but make sure the esthetician is experienced. Best to do some research by asking your friends and then work with them on a regular basis.
4. To avoid breakouts, wash your makeup brushes once a month or so. To wash your makeup brushes, just use a small amount of gentle shampoo and water, and then rub the bristles between your fingers. Do this until the water runs clean. Air dry the brushes.
5. Maintain a healthy diet as that has a huge impact on your skin. Incorporate lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and leafy greens.
6. Drink lots of water. Helps flush out all the toxins from your body.
Some of my Favorite Skin Care Products
Daily Cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating CleanserDaily
Light Weight Moisturizer with SPF: Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Moisturizer with SPF 30Moisturizer: Chantecaille Flower Harmonizing Cream
Exfoliant: Benefit Pineapple Facial Polish
Masque: Kiehl's Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque
Vitamin C Serum: Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
Pimple Healer: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion