It's my favorite go-to look for the evening. One can do a smoky eye with many colors - silvery grey, brown, purple and of course the traditional black!
Depending on what your mood is, you can go for one of these looks!
|Smoky Eyes with Nude Lips: Demurely Sexy Look|
|Smoky Eyes with Red Lips: Overtly Sexy Look|
|Smoky Eye with Heavy Mascara: Glamorous Look|
|Smoky Eyes with Rosy Lips: Fresh Look|
The key to the perfect smokey eye is proper blending. You want to make sure colors are blended together flawlessly. Also, it's important to pair light base colors with rich dark colors.
Here's a step by step guide on how to achieve a beautiful, smoky eye -
1. Pick a multitonal eye-shadow palette, like the one below. Prime your lid by patting on regular foundation — it'll form a base for your makeup to stick to.
2. Dip the tip of a dampened makeup brush into the darkest shadow, and draw a line across your upper and lower lash lines.
3. Before the shadow dries, look up and blink—this marks a line on your skin in the creases, which you'll want to fill up to with your contouring, medium shadow.
4. Rub the softest color in your palette above the creases and up to the brow bones to highlight.
5. Sweep the light, pearly shadow around the corners of your eyes to make them seem larger (you can even dust a little under your lower lashes to offset dark circles).
6. Trace on one last layer of the darkest color as liner, and smudge it with your finger or a cotton swab for a blurred effect.
7. For extra oomph, curl your lashes, and coat on the deepest, darkest mascara you can find.
|Dior Smoky Eye Kit in Smoky Design|
|Mac Smoky Eye Kit in Black|
|Too Faced Smoky Eye Kit|
|Stila Smoky Eye Kit|