There is something quite refreshing about the start of a new year. One feels like they get a clean slate to start again.
What's in the past is done so focus on the future.
I love making new year resolutions (not just to break them!) but to have a guiding principal/compass for the year. And when the year ends, its nice to see how you feel about it.
My 2013 Resolutions are:
1. Be healthy - continue my exercise regime, eat healthy and hopefully drop another dress size:-) Why not!
2. Spend more time with my family - majority of my family lives overseas but I am determined to see more of them this year.
3. Feel fulfilled - I am not a would a, could a, should a kind of person as I feel like its futile living life in that manner. No matter what I do, I want to feel fulfilled and happy doing it.
4. Have fun - life is about seizing the moment and being happy. Well, I plan to do that....with my kids, husband, friends, neighbors, cousins, co-workers, etc. Here's to more movie nights, girl's night out, romantic dinners, 36 hour trips to exotic places, indulgent shopping expeditions, wine tastings etc etc etc.
5. Do random acts of kindness - I think its fabulous to give back in any way possible but I especially like doing the random acts of kindness as they are so unpredictable, kind of like me!
So there you go, simple, quite generic yet my goals for 2013.
Have you thought of yours?