Here's why I love this spot for a family getaway:
|Courtesy: Ritz Carlton|
- Indoor heated pool and hot tub so usable all year round.
- The beach accessible from the hotel is absolutely lovely and pet friendly too.
- The conservatory restaurant is perfect for meals with kids - casual with an amazing view and menu. On Friday and Saturday nights they usually have a some sort of live music or band.
- The hotel has many sports options for kids and parents - tennis, basketball, golf, soccer.
- There is a yummy hot chocolate bar set up outside some evenings (maybe seasonal too) with all types of toppings geared for adults and kids.
- The hotel has an amazing s'mores kit which is a fun activity to do with kids in any of their fire pits.
- The Ritz Kid's club is a fantastic program geared for kids 5 years and older.
- Your pooch is welcome too - it's a pet friendly hotel.
- Beautiful, elegant rooms with a fireplace. Some rooms also have an outdoor fire pit.
- Great wine bar with wine pairings with cheese and chocolate.
- Excellent food at their formal restaurant, Navio and their casual restaurant, The Conservatory.
- Awesome spa
- Great gym and coastal walking trails
- World class golf
1. Tidepools at Maverick's or Fitzgerald Marine Reserve - At low tide, visitors can explore the myriad life in the rocky tidepools: sea anemones, sea stars, hermit crabs, urchins and other species.
2. Elephant Seals at Ano Nuevo - take a walking tour and see the elephant seals.
3. Harley Farms in Pescadero - take a tour, visit the goats and taste their amazing goat cheese.
4. Clam Chowder at Sam's or fish & chips at Barbara's Fish Trap.
5. Lemos Farms - fun family outing.