Sitting atop a bluff, overlooking the rugged Northern California coastline, the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay is an exotic mix of Scotland and California.The Bagpiper at sunset is just the right touch to add to this experience. Only 30 minutes from San Francisco, but feels like you are in a completely different place far from high rises, traffic, crowded streets, etc. Whether you are local or from out of town and are looking for a quiet weekend with a loved one or a fun family getaway, I highly recommend it. There's something for everyone.
Here's why I love this spot for a family getaway:
|Courtesy: Ritz Carlton|
|Courtesy: Ritz Carlton|
- Indoor heated pool and hot tub so usable all year round.
- The beach accessible from the hotel is absolutely lovely and pet friendly too.
- The conservatory restaurant is perfect for meals with kids - casual with an amazing view and menu. On Friday and Saturday nights they usually have a some sort of live music or band.
- The hotel has many sports options for kids and parents - tennis, basketball, golf, soccer.
- There is a yummy hot chocolate bar set up outside some evenings (maybe seasonal too) with all types of toppings geared for adults and kids.
- The hotel has an amazing s'mores kit which is a fun activity to do with kids in any of their fire pits.
- The Ritz Kid's club is a fantastic program geared for kids 5 years and older.
- Your pooch is welcome too - it's a pet friendly hotel.
Here's why I love this spot for a getaway with someone special:
Besides the hotel, the town of Half Moon Bay is very charming with unique shops and nice restaurants. Here are some other local attractions that can be included in your itinerary given the time -1. Tidepools at Maverick's or Fitzgerald Marine Reserve - At low tide, visitors can explore the myriad life in the rocky tidepools: sea anemones, sea stars, hermit crabs, urchins and other species.2. Elephant Seals at Ano Nuevo - take a walking tour and see the elephant seals.3. Harley Farms in Pescadero - take a tour, visit the goats and taste their amazing goat cheese.4. Clam Chowder at Sam's or fish & chips at Barbara's Fish Trap.5. Lemos Farms - fun family outing.
- Beautiful, elegant rooms with a fireplace. Some rooms also have an outdoor fire pit.
- Great wine bar with wine pairings with cheese and chocolate.
- Excellent food at their formal restaurant, Navio and their casual restaurant, The Conservatory.
- Awesome spa
- Great gym and coastal walking trails
- World class golf